Born 21.09.1976 in Athens-Greece. Lives and works in Athens and Amsterdam.
2000-2006 Studied Visual Arts in Athens School of Fine Arts
2005-2006 Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera (Erasmus program)
2007-2009 Master in Fine Arts/Public Art, Dutch Art Institute, Enschede/Netherlands
Selected Projects and Exhibitions
• On the hill one happens to be sitting on: A tribute to failure
Art Project/ Broadway Passage/Athens. 11-19/6/2012. curator: Sofia Dona. Production:GOETHE-INSTITUT ATHENS-BAUHAUS UNIVERSiTY WEiMAR
• "Notes on Fear" a contribution by Yota Ioannidou to "Museum TV Station" a project by Lado Darakhvelidze
Exhibition I’m Losing More than I’ll Ever Have (The Practice of Everyday Life)
SMART PROJECT SPACE, Amsterdam, NL, June-August 2012
• “AULA INTERGALACTICA”, a project by Yota Ioannidou and Teresa Maria Diaz Nerio
A lecture-performance, Goleb, Amsterdam, May 2012
The Absent Image, curated by Raqs Media Collective for the online session of PhotoEspana 2012
•“AULA INTERGALACTICA”, a project by Yota Ioannidou and Teresa Maria Diaz Nerio
An archive and a sequence of three lecture-performances, Word of Mouth Athens Biennale 2011, Diplareios School, Athens, Greece 22 October – 11 December 2011_curated by Kernel.
•"On the hill one happens to be sitting on": A tribute to failure, a project by Yota Ioannidou for Other possible worlds- Proposals on this side of utopia July 17- July 31, workshop & exhibition , Casino Luxembourg Forum d’art contemporain, LU
• Archive-Public, Yota Ioannidou participates with the on-going project Restage Radio_A, Patra (GR)
• Drachma: Speculations on Symbolic Value, workshop, Participants: Nikos Arvanitis, Robin Bhattacharya, Juliana Borinski, Jack Hernie Fischer, Assaf Gruber, Yota Ioannidou, Mo Y, Georgios Papadopoulos, Amelie Rydqvist, Société Réaliste, Liv Strand, Anna Tsouloufi – Lagiou, Elizabeth Ward, Annex of Athens School of Fine Arts, Hydra (GR)
• WildBookMarket – WildeBoekenMarkt 2011, Art books published between 2007-2011, Het Wilde Weten, Rotterdam/NL
• Time is Running Out a public debate hosted by André Catalão in collaboration with Tatjana Pieters and Marko Stamenkovic, Guests: Yota Ioannidou, Matija Plevnik, Elena Sorokina, Tijana Zakula, Sofie Van Loo/Time Festival, Gent/Belgium
• STRATAGEM - A project on factories’ relocation, de-industrialization and the effects of contemporary economical processes on individual’s and society’s life according to this transformation, Athens/Greece- Havlickuv Brod/Czech Republic
• First to be saved... – Collaborative project (Yota Ioannidou - Sevgi Ortac - Viki Semou) for the Detroit Unreal Estate Agency (a project initiated by Partizan Publik in collaboration with the Dutch Art Institute), Detroit-Michigan (USA)
• We Correspondents - A project developed by Dutch Art Institute in collaboration with Casco, Office for Art, Design and Theory organized by Binna Choi, director of Casco and co-curator of Electric Palm Tree
• Sparkling fields - Armenia Dreaming - A project on post Soviet urban imaginaries by Partizan Publik and
• A monument for Newton – A game as a monument – The “Newton project” by the Dutch Art Institute in collaboration with Florian Göttke
• Public Exchange Store forAgorafolly outside - Art-walk, Brussels/Belgium
• “Early Morning Glory” for Agorafolly inside, La centrale électrique, De elektriciteitscentrale, Centre for Contemporary Art, Brussels/Belgium
• Schisto: View from the mountain, group project, “Heterotopias”, Public Screening, 1st Thessaloniki Biennale/Greece
• “5 rooms” Five curators propose young artists, Kappatos Gallery, Athens/Greece
• “Attitude” video festival, Cultural Center “Magazza”, organizer: Center for Contemporary Public Arts Elementi, Bitola/ FYROM Macedonia.
• What Remains is Future: participation with group project (visual artists-architects) “Patra-Ancona and v.v.”, Patra, old Arsakeion school, organization: a.antonopoulou.art.
• Gemine Muse: Young Artists in European Museums. Museum of Byzantine Culture, Thessalonica, December 2005.
• “Memory Game”: group project-action at Zoumberi of Attica. Participation at “Paradigmata” for the 9th International Architectural Exhibition la Biennale di Venezia.
• “Locus Solus”: an experiment on the collectivity of artistic action. Group project. Gazon Rouge Gallery, Athens/ September 2003. Ithaca/ August 2003.
Archive Public-Performing Archives in Public Art: Topical Interpositions
Panos Kouros & Elpida Karaba
Texts by Arjun Appadurai, Ioannis Chorianopoulos, Wolfgang Ernst, Boris Groys, Panos Kouros & Elpida Karaba, Oliver Marchart, Gerald Raunig, Saskia Sassen / Works by Yota Ioannidou, Maria Konti, Gregoris Pharmakis, Lina Theodorou, Stefanos Tsivopoulos, Vangelis Vlahos, Nayia Yiakoumaki / Edited by Panos Kouros & Elpida Karaba, Designed by Christos Lialios, Translated by Yiannis Vogiatzis, Viky Iakovou, Alexandros Kioupkiolis, Language editing by Eleftheria Kopsida
CUBE ARTE DITIONS
Stratagem, a publication by Yota Ioannidou
texts: Marko Stamenkovic, Yota Ioannidou, Yannis Eustathopoulos, Anta Stamati
design: Dries Wiewauters / Werkplaats Typografie – artez, NL
Publisher: DUTCH ART INSTITUTE
2007 “The artist as opinion leader”, Nieuwe Grond, Vrede van Utrecht, Utrecht/Netherlands (participation supported by the Dutch Art Institute)
2004 and 2002 1st and 3rd Summer Workshop of Architecture and Visual arts in situ – Theory and Practice – Chania – Centre of Mediterranean Architecture.
2012 Goleb, Amsterdam, NL, 1 month residency
2008 “Open studios”, Skolska 28, Prague – Czech Republic, 2 months residency